Friday 4 October 2013

Day 4 of the 31 Days of Hallowe'en - with Delicious Doodles

This is a duel post covering not only my (simple) card for the NEW Delicious Doodles Shaped Cards Challenge starting today but also my post for the 31 Days of Hallowe'en Blog Hop.

For full deets on this Freaking fantabulous Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.
Did you know that Delicious Doodles are also sponsoring this hop?
 I apologise to those I haven't yet visited, I will do my utmost to get round to you all. Time!!!

I did say simple card, didn't I!
How many of you use your cutting dies to their full advantage? I know I don't. Simple and quick shaped cards can be achieved by running a folding piece of card through your cutting machine with the edge of the die overhanging the folded edge so that the hinge is not lost.
The smaller shapes in those nesting sets can then be used to co-ordinate the matting. For more examples - go see the cards made by the rest of the DD DT.


I used the Gargoyle Corner Set and the Happy Helloween sentiment both, of course, from Delicious Doodles. After printing and cutting out, loads of distress ink in shades of yellow through to orange were applied. Some tiny gems were adhered to the eyes of the Gargoyles and the central pumpkin.
That's about it people. Simple and quick.


If you're following the blog roll order you will have arrived from the awesome Susan and now you pop to the very talented Loren. It would be great if you could manage a detour to the rest of the Delicious Doodles DT as well and leave some love.

22 comments:

  1. Such a great card and the framing of the sentiment is fabulous! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Love the gargoyles and the bling in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool image and love the card shape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the different shape, and yes I should use my shapes more. You have inspired me and I do it! DD has some great digi's, will have to go check out the challenge and get my shape on. Love the jewel eyes and great yellow's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shape and fab colors, Helen! Show off the images perfectly. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great unusual shape and good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! LOVE the Gargoyles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the shape, I can't ever seem to get shape cards to look right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOW THIS IS A SPOOKY Halloween card... LOVE those gargoyles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shape card and main image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really quite amazing for a "simple" card! Nice shape and beautiful colors and images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Helen, that's a gorgeous simple card...love the die cut shape and that pink with the yellow is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red colour on your blog-this card is fun and of course in my favorite colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. that image is cool! and perfect for the die used! this is such an awesome card...simple and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fantastic shaped card. I love the inkwork. The image is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Helen. Love the unusual shape and the stamps are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a neat shape and fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome I love this card creepy goodness.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shape of this card. I haven't tried that trick yet. The image is the perfect fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Never thought of doing that with my dies! Fabulous idea and a great card! mo x

    ReplyDelete