Thursday 24 October 2013

Day 24 of 31 Days of Hallowe'en

For full deets on this Freaking fangtastic Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.

Good morning folks. How many are still with us on this gruelling marathon? Numbers are dwindling me thinks.

Another quickie from me today. Working full time takes it's toll on my creative time and projects are now being made each night before. Still, only a week to go before the big night!!
A few days ago, I previewed this image as coloured only. Rick St Dennis had wanted his EDT to colour the witches Hedwig and Hannah for a special deal available on Airless Chambers for those two days. Anyway, to keep the story short, I've only just got round to using Hedwig.
I printed the previously scanned image twice onto tissue paper. Attaching the tissue to a carrier of cheap copy paper allows the tissue to go through the printed without tearing or scrunching . Cut out my images and attached to my candle using my heat gun.
 One image on each side. Some black lace pinned on top and bottom.
To decorate the empty space - some fiery jewels. Pinned on as well so that they can be easily removed before lighting the candle.

As I said - quick and easy. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend. - Trying to get ahead again for next week - at least, that's the plan.

Thanks for looking and for all your kind comments so far. 

13 comments:

  1. Again you teach me something very useful!
    Very beautiful candle and images.

    While you are crafting this weekend, trying to catch up or get ahead, please come visit a few of the online parties this weekend. The 26th is a HUGE party day.
    I have links listed on my blog.
    http://lovevisiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your candle! The jewels are great! Glad your hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful candle, what a cool way to add gems to it also. I would love to get ahead with my project making but I'm having to play with my stamps every night - not that it's a bad thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just yummy Helen! Looks like a big deal project to me. STILL haven't tried this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool candle. Love the images and the addition of the jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovr how she looks waxed-I need to try this so I see if I can TEACH it-its a fun make and take project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning candle Helen! Your RSD image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome candle Helen. Love the image and how you colored it. Thanks for sharing your printer to candle technique. Lovely addition to any home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful candle indeed. I need to try the printing on tissue paper some time...gorgeous results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous candle! I love the image, had to buy it when it went on offer last week! Will have to find a project and get it used! The candle is a great idea! love it! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my gosh! This is one amazing candle... I love the image and the bling!!!! Great idea adding that bit of bling to the side of the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea of pinning into the candle. Love Miss Thang and so wonderfully colored. Watch out, these candle are addicting. Howz the room on the mantle getting? A little crowded =).

    ReplyDelete